The Dragonknight is an offensive warrior, drawing on destructive magicks to fortify his own martial prowess. Adept at wielding all manner of weaponry, the Dragonknight is at home on a battlefield. Dragonknights are famed for their expert skill with two-handed weapons, although not all fight in this style. The Dragonknight fortifies his own armor with magical defenses, retaliating against any who dare to strike him. Offensive spells assist the Dragonknight in harrying a foe in order to quickly close into melee range, at which point combat is quickly and brutally resolved.
The first skill line for the Dragonknight is called Ardent Flame. This skill line is flame-centric, focusing on fiery attacks and debuffs. The most offensive of the three lines, players that use multiple abilities from the Ardent Flame tree will be more offensively capable, at the expensive of some versatility and defensive tools.
- [Ultimate] Dragonknight Standard - Plant a standard dealing damage to all nearby enemies and reducing the incoming healing they receive. This also initiates the Shackle synergy.
- [Active] Fiery Reach - Pull an enemy towards you with a fiery chain, dealing damage.
- [Active] Searing Stike - Burns the target, dealing damage over time.
- [Active] Fiery Breath - Deal fire damage to all enemies in front of you, igniting them for additional damage over time.
- [Active] Lava Whip - Deal fire damage and causes enemies to become off-balance if used on an immobilized or stunned foe.
- [Active] Inferno - This toggle-able aura deals periodic damage to all nearby enemies while slowly draining the Dragonknight’s Magicka. The damage dealt and Magicka cost increase the longer the aura is active.
- [Passive] Kindling - Increases the damage of burning effects applied by fire abilities.
- [Passive] Warmth - Dealing Fire damage applies a snare to enemies.
- [Passive] Searing Heat - Increases the duration of abilities in the Ardent Flame tree which apply burning.
- [Passive] World in Flame - Increases the damage of fire-based AoE abilities.
The Dragonknight’s second skill line, Draconic Power, is a more defensive variant, geared towards turning the Dragonknight into a formidable defensive force, whether for tanking in PvE or controlling the battlefield in AvA.
- [Ultimate] Dragon Leap - Leap forward on magical wings, dealing AoE damage upon landing, knocking nearby foes backwards.
- [Active] Spike Armor - Increases your damage resistance and returns damage to melee attackers.
- [Active] Dark Talons - Root all nearby enemies, dealing additional damage to any enemies not already affected by talons.
- [Active] Dragon Blood - Immediately heals the player and applies a medium-duration heal-over-time.
- [Active] Reflective Scales - Reflects incoming projectiles for a short period of time.
- [Active] Inhale - Absorbs health from every nearby enemy, then returns damage to affected foes depending on the total amount of health absorbed.
- [Passive] Iron Skin - Increase the amount of damage you are able to block.
- [Passive] Burning Heart - Increase healing received for each dragon ability on your bar.
- [Passive] Elder Dragon - Increased passive health regeneration for each dragon ability on your bar.
- [Passive] Scaled Armor - Increases your innate resistance to enemy spells.
The final Dragonknight skill line, Earthen Heart, offers tremendous group utility and control tools which will be hugely useful in both PvE and PvP.
- [Ultimate] Magma Armor - Limits incoming damage at a maximum percentage of your health per hit while dealing fire damage to all foes around you.
- [Active] Stonefist - Draws a chunk of rock from the ground, hurling it at an enemy to deal physical damage and knocks down the target.
- [Active] Molten Weapons - An AoE buff aura which increases the power of nearby allies, with double benefit applied to the Dragonknight.
- [Active] Obsidian Shield - Create a shield of rock shards around nearby allies, absorbing a percentage of incoming damage they take. The strength of the shield is doubled for the Dragonknight.
- [Active] Petrify - Applies a long duration stun to the target. The petrified enemy can take some damage while stunned, but sufficient damage will prematurely end the stun.
- [Active] Ash Cloud - Summon a swirling ash storm, snaring affected foes while increasing their chance to miss. Initiates the Ash Shroud synergy.
- [Passive] Eternal Mountain - Increase the duration of Earthen Heart abilities.
- [Passive] Deep Breaths - Activating an Ultimate ability restores resources to the Dragonknight based on the ultimate cost.
- [Passive] Mountain’s Blessing - Gain additional ultimate charge when activating an Earth ability.
- [Passive] Helping Hands - Gain Stamina whenever one of your earth abilities is applied to another player.